Allen Riley, Candidate for the office of Madison County Sheriff
Allen Riley served as a uniformed New York State Police officer for 27 years and participates in a wide variety of community activities. He been married for 21 years and has two daughters. They live on and work the Purple Tie Farm in Earlville. His work experience and broad training make Allen uniquely qualified to be Sheriff.
New York State Police Academy, October 1982 - April 1983
SUNY, Morrisville, September 1979 - June 1982
New York State Police, October 1982 - September 2009
- As a Criminal Investigator, Allen covered a wide variety of crime investigations: robbery, burglary, homicide, larceny, sexual abuse and aircraft crashes.
- As a Gaming Unit Investigator, he was involved with investigating due diligence investigations on corporations/key personnel, racing & wagering, financial, Indian gaming, fraud/money laundering.
- As a Uniformed Trooper: he was involved with investigations of criminals and motor vehicle crimes. Allen was a k-9 handler (explosives & narcotics) and a field training officer.
- As a career State Trooper, Allen received job-related training in evidence handling, DNA collection, interrogation & interview, casino due diligence, anthrax training, clandestine labs, domestic violence, sexual harassment, hostage/critical incident command, hazardous materials, U.S. Customs narcotics officer - cross designation.
- American Legion Officer of the Year 1996
- Chairperson, Lebanon Federated Church 2002 - 2006
- Chairperson, Lebanon Hometown Days 2002 - 2005
- Chairperson, Sherburne Area Little League Softball 2004 - 2006
- Roses for the Living - Lebanon 2005